I FINALLY got my life together enough to put together a lil video & post about my nighttime skincare routine.
So many of you have been asking about this for awhile now, so I’m excited to share this with y’all! Hopefully, you’ll discover some new skincare products to try.
Before I tell y’all about my skincare routine, let me start with explaining my skin type:
My skin isn’t super acne-prone. There was a short period of time, about a year ago, wherein I got the WORST cystic acne of my life. It was on my cheeks & on my chin, and it left behind a few scars in its place ( but, luckily, the scarring is flat/smooth ).
No matter what I did, this acne would NOT go away. For Months.
Then, as quickly as it came, it went. And for the last year or so, my skin has been relatively clear again ( though I do get the occasional hormonal pimple ).
If you want to read more about how I started getting rid of acne scars, definitely read this post about the treatment I LOVE for that!
my in-depth nighttime skincare routine:
- Remove Makeup: I start by using gentle makeup remover pads to remove makeup from the surface of my skin.
- Cleansing Oil: Cleansing oil is EXCELLENT for removing any excess makeup & dirt/oils from your skin. I LOVE this stuff.
- Cleanse: I use a gentle, purifying cleanser to keep acne at bay, and to ensure my skin is EXTRA clean before beginning my next steps.
- Exfoliate: I prefer to exfoliate using peel pads, rather than harsh exfoliants. My favorite peel pads help to erase all signs of acne scars & dark sun spots ( BTW: I always avoid my freckles when using these, because I don’t want to get rid of those! ).
- Sheet Mask: Occasionally, if I’m being super thorough with my nighttime routine, I’ll throw on a hydrating sheet mask for 15-20 minutes while I watch Netflix or answer emails. Sheet masks are incredibly moisturizing so I can’t get enough of them.
- Toner: Post-mask, I use a gentle toner to prep my skin for serums & moisturizer!
- Serums: I use a Vitamin C serum in conjunction with one of my favorite hydrating serums, Peter Thomas Roth’s Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum. The Vitamin C serum brightens & tightens, correcting cellular damage and reversing free radical damage. The hyaluronic acid in my Water Drench serum intensely hydrates. I did a whole post on the benefits of hyaluronic acid here, if y’all are interested in knowing more about this magical ingredient!
- Moisturizer: The STAR of the show! I take a small amount of my Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream and apply it to my face and neck. This moisturizer is ULTRA cooling and hydrating, as it contains hyaluronic acid. I can’t get enough of it.
- Eye Cream: I put eye cream all around the eye area. I was told once to apply eye cream to everywhere that sunglasses would cover, under/over/beside your eyes.
- Lip Balm: Lastly, I throw on my ride-or-die lip balm, and I’m done!
Another pro acne-avoiding tip: live in Southern California, LOL. Since moving to LA ( I’m assuming due to the dry weather ), my acne hasn’t given me many issues.
The most important part of my skincare routine right now is keeping my skin hydrated & moisturized. I was lucky enough to partner with one of my favorite skincare brands, Peter Thomas Roth, on this skincare routine video!
I added their Water Drench moisturizer to my regimen a couple of months ago, & this stuff is the real deal. It includes hyaluronic acid, which helps to moisturize your skin & fight wrinkle formation.
In my early 20s, I’ve started to add preventative practice to my skincare routine. I think I’ll probably thank myself for it later.
The skincare routine I’m sharing here is SUPER in-depth, and I go through all the steps if I have time. I don’t have time every night to do everything, but I try to make the time as often as I can, because skin health is SO important!
Also, it’s an indulgent routine. Great for “me” time.
Have y’all tried any of these products??
Anyone else a huge Peter Thomas Roth fan??
Let me know if there’s something you think I just HAVE to try. I’m always down to experiment with skincare products. I’ll usually reach for things containing natural ingredients, and DIY beauty is ALWAYS on the table.
Let me know, y’all!
Now, I’m off to shoot a couple of fun projects & run some errands today! Come along on snapchat ( PAYTON_SARTAIN ) or Instagram stories ( @paytonsartain ) as per usual, babes.
Talk soon! xx
This post was sponsored by Peter Thomas Roth and powered by BrandBacker. All opinions are 100% my own, as always.
Ewa Macherowska says