So today, I’m dedicating a post to all of the AMAZE people in my life. Really…. y’all rock.
I’ve always been one to have a few very close friends, as opposed to a large group of ‘good’ friends. It’s just how I’ve always been, and it’s grown even more apparent as I’ve gotten older. The other day, I was sitting in the living room at my Grandparent’s house (with my family, texting a few of my gal pals), and I had a little *holy shit* moment….
The people that I surround myself with at this point of my life are seriously badass. How did I get so lucky???
Let’s flashback to middle school/ high school: girls were fucking mean (well… girls are still mean… and I’m an adult), you had friends who didn’t act like friends at all & your little brain deemed your family as “seriously lame.” During my *holy shit* moment, I reflected on how far I’ve come since that weird, little baby-child time in life:
1. I no longer have time to entertain ‘friendships’ that involve shit talking each other and jealousy. Not even 1 second. Over it. I think we all owe it to ourselves to create a circle of friends who support, love, and stand up for each other. If these things are not involved in a friendship… it’s not a friendship. End of story.
2. Another thing I don’t have time for? People who talk shit about other people in my presence. I mean, yes, comments will slip and there will be occasional, harmless statements. More specifically, I’m talking about conversations meant to invalidate someone’s dreams, goals, or things that make them happy OR to name off someone ELSE’S roster of boyfriends/sexual partners. This is all a waste of time and none of my business (i.e. I do not care). People who do this will not be my friends. Insecurity is boring and it gives me secondhand embarrassment (cringe-worthy).
3. My family is the most incredible grouping of human beings basically ever. How did I come from these people….?
4. If someone is creating a consistent negative influence in my life, they gotta go. I’m all about being loyal to people and being there in times of need, but if someone is purposely trying to bring me down (i.e. middle-school-style ruin my life)… nope, I’m out (Shark Tank reference LOLz).
5. I am going to put more effort into being a better, more supportive, and loving friend, sister, daughter, grand-daughter, etc. I’m sure we all have a little improving to do.
So, with that being said, cheers to all my certified beebuses today! You are all exceptionally brilliant, beautiful, FUN, & supportive ( and so so much more ), and I’m so proud to call you my people! Y’all make me better, smarter, stronger, and happier every day, and you inspire me to do the same for you. Love y’all to the moon and back!
Go tell your favorite babes/gents how badass they are today xx
(Most mushy-gushy post I’ve ever posted… so weird, but these quotes are the SHIT.)